Sabyasachi’s brand aesthetic is hard to define but easy to spot. The deep reds, traditional embroideries, timeless karigaris, and a touch of revived Indian handlooms are some unique attributes of his much-loved couture line. His entire range speaks to bride-to-be’s everywhere and makes their heart flutter with just the thought of donning his clothing on their big day. Anushka Sharma, Deepika Padukone, and Priyanka Chopra’s Sabyasachi lehengas are already going down in the history. But apart from these actresses, there are brides who have worn a graceful Sabyasachi lehenga on their wedding day or pre-wedding revelries that left us stunned. Here is a list of 27 of the best ones of them:
1. Luxury fashion blogger Sonam Babani hosted a mehendi and ring ceremony ahead of her wedding in June with Neil Sanghvi. For the pre-wedding revelries, both the bride and groom coordinated in outfits by Sabyasachi Mukherjee. Sonam’s printed lehenga exuded a neo-bohemian look, and matched well with Neil’s vividly printed kurta-pyjama set. She completed her ensemble with exquisite kundan-meenakari jewellery from Sunita Shekhawat and shoes from Christian Louboutin.
2. Sabyasachi launched a bunch of golden lehengas in his 2020 collection, embroidered with multi-coloured shades and radiating a modish yet traditional look. Not so surprisingly many brides loved these attires and chose to don them on their big day, like bride Varsha Jain for her day-wedding ceremony. The lehenga came with a Kashmiri blouse and an embroidered tulle dupatta. If you’re bored of the usual reds and pastels, this seems like a befitting shade for your bridal lehenga.
3. Looking to make an impact with an effortless outfit? Bride Simran chose a Sabyasachi lehenga doused in beautiful bronze gold, a heavily sequined blouse, and a printed floral dupatta. The look comprised gorgeous Kundan jewels, and lovely makeup and hair. On future occasions, when you’d want to re-wear your bridal lehenga, this effortless one definitely makes an amazing pick.
4. Bride Anusha is re-wearing her wedding lehenga here. It’s amazing how well she styled it for a wedding guest, without making it look over the top and being her graceful self. The silk Sabyasachi lehenga comprised of a heavily sequined blouse and a net daintily embellished dupatta. Anusha smartly paired the ensemble alongside chunky polki beads jewellery and half-up, half-down do.
5. Meet our debonair and charming bride Isha who wore a hot pink lehenga by Sabyasachi for her Anand Karaj ceremony. The flowy skirt is embellished with intricate golden work all over and came with 2 dupattas. For the jewellery, Isha picked the usual kundan jewels and a subtle maangtikka. The bride’s whole look was nothing less than bridal goals.
See her wedding blog here.
6. All the looks from Vidhi’s wedding album can be best described as winsome and appealing. For the last event of her wedding, the reception, she picked an appealing printed ivory Sabyasachi lehenga. To match the regal aesthetic of her look, Vidhi went with urbane styling options: layered kundan jewels, soft wavy hair, smoked-out eyes, and a dark nude lip. Scroll to see the delightful pictures from her ceremony.
Reels & Frames, Shradha Luthra
Also See: Latest 2020 Sabyasachi Lehenga Prices To Plan Your Bridal Budget Accordingly
7. A statement-making coffee brown Sabyasachi lehenga? Yes, please! If there’s one thing Pakistani brides are known for, it’s going all out on their clothing and jewellery on the big day. Even their Sabyasachi lehengas emanate a maximalist style, quite different and refreshing from the Indian ones. We’re eyeing the oversized paisley motifs on her lehengas, alongside the chunky baubles. If you know a bride-to-be who’s a big fan of OTT bridal looks, send this to her right away!
8. Simplicity is elegance. If that’s your mantra for a statement-worthy look too, then this eye-catching silk lehenga set is your perfect inspiration. Styled with kundan-gold jewels, neutral makeup look, and a nude lip, this one’s a winner for intimate celebrations.
Clicks & Movies, Sohni Juneja Makeup
9. We said it! Brides are loving these golden bunch of lehengas from Sabyasachi’s latest collection. The gorgeous Ashmit, for instance, wore a chevron printed skirt set for her wedding in Fairmont Jaipur and went viral instantly. Her modish lehenga’s beauty came out well with the portraits shots by Mumbai-based photographer Technovision. Bridal portraits inspiration right here ladies!
10. The recent Sabyasachi X Khush Magazine collaboration had us swooned. The collab featured Aditi Rao Hyadri as the cover star, and the actress is known for her classy and timeless style radiated the same in these snaps. We’ll be taking over each lehenga she wore on this list because let’s face it, each one has something unique to offer and speaks to brides with different style and taste. Here’s the first one, featuring an ethereal silk skirt, and handloom embroideries. The gold jewellery and massive bangle stack is an apt choice for brides wanting to go an ethereal route with their styling choices.
11. Sabyasachi is well-known for its striking floral embroideries on lehengas, and here’s a winsome one on an ivory base and net dupatta. The palette is perfect for a day wedding, or a night event. While the hue and work stood out, there’s no missing the deep V-neck blouse with elbow-length sleeves. An ideal lehenga blouse design for voguish brides out there. Scroll to see the statement Kundan set Hyadri wore with her attire.
12. For the next set of attire in the shoot, Aditi mesmerised us in bottle green and golden lehenga set that’s every bit appealing and stunning. The Sabyasachi drape came with a zero neck blouse sans a dupatta. The greenstone drops in her jewellery complemented the shade of the lehenga well, and a low bun with romantic makeup completed her look. Besides the bride, this would make a lovely look for the sister of the bride/ groom or a bridesmaid.
13. Lastly from the ethereal shoot is this alluring pastel bridal lehenga, which came doused in handwoven motifs, and featured a plunging neckline. The attire was further paired with eclectic Sabyasachi jewellery and Hyadri’s beauty only accentuated the magnificence of the whole ensemble. Looking for a wedding lehenga that’s unique and impactful? Your search might be over here.
Further Read: Your Dream Sabyasachi Lehengas Priced Below 5 Lakhs
14. Yellow never looked so good. In the realm of wedding photography, Joseph Radikh’s name is well-known and revered. If you’re in awe over the beauty of these shots, he’s the man behind them. These pre-wedding shoots were taken in Rann of Kutch, and the bride-to-be chose to wear a sunny yellow Sabyasachi lehenga for the special day. Considering everything – from the outfits, couple’s chemistry to photographer and place – lined up, it’s a no brainer that these snapshots are incredibly amazing.
15. Let’s make room on this list for all the pretty pastel pinks we spot in this picture. The fine attire, choora, blush pink makeup, and cherry lips – everything in this bridal look radiates Minny’s love for this shade. Of course, she also got her man to complement her in a pink safa and stole, and we’re loving the couple coordination. If you’re in the know of a bride-to-be who loves this hue, send her this immediately and she’ll appreciate the help with the inspiration.
16. Mehendi goals right here! Who said your mehendi outfit has to be an easy-peasy one, that will bite the dust after being worn. It can be a statement-worthy outfit with as much intricacy as the wedding one, like this green & golden Sabyasachi masterpiece. The timeless silhouette came with a pretty blouse and double dupatta draping. We’re loving the new-age bridal look vibes these pictures are reflecting.
17. Sanjana Ganesan & Jasprit Bumrah are the latest addition to Indian celebrity weddings. Their classic and sophisticated dusty pink wedding look is still imprinted on our minds. On the big day, Ganesan wore a floral printed Sabya lehenga that was just the right balance between millennial and traditional. The ensemble was topped off with fresh makeup, a neat floral bun, and impressive jewels.
18. Winter weddings are synonymous with velvet lehengas. And you can wear it at any of your events. You can very well wear a refined velvet lehenga for any pre-wedding revelry, like a pool-side mehendi or an intimate roka. Here’s a gorgeous blue velvet lehenga to consider for any of these ceremonies. Pair it well with soft, wavy hair and dainty jewels to create a look that’s both romantic and fuss-free.
19. Another common spotting from Sabyasachi’s collection is this panelled multi-colour lehenga, first worn by Anushka Sharma, and then seeped into the hearts of the Indian bride’s heart. This bride picked the extraordinary ensemble for her Sangeet event, and we’ve to say what a smart choice. It’s effortless to wear, so you can give a graceful dance performance without worrying about the lehenga weight; plus, it looks gorgeous in pictures, and surely, in real life too.
20. Ah! The Dil-Guldasta lehenga. Worn by Deepika Padukone at her wedding reception first, which sparked the excitement around it and the zeal to carry the same lehenga in a personalised style. Here’s one of the brides who carries it with panache and utter sophistication on her big day.
21. Who said yellow and dark green are only reserved for haldi and mehndi? Bride Mrighna shackled both these customary traditions at once by wearing a wedding day lehenga combining both these shades. The charming attire is made of velvet and worked daintily with golden work all over. The highlight of the look is her accessories – a dazzling choker & necklace set, chandbali earrings, and mang tikka. We think a striking color combination like this will definitely make you stand out without taking any risk with the look.
22. The 2021 Sabyasachi collection features some amazing sindoori red lehengas and saree, and here’s our favourite one from the lot. The intricate golden zari work all over, plunging blouse, embellished dupatta, and uncut jewellery from the designer’s collection are some of the magnificent attributes of this ensemble. For any bride who can’t imagine wearing anything but red at her wedding, here’s a superb choice for you!
23. Adding to this breathtaking lot of Sabyasachi red lehengas, here’s a gorgeous bride who went viral on Instagram, for reasons other than her impressive lehengas. The bridal portraits, for instance, are phenomenal. Thanks to the popular Delhi-based photographer Dipak studios for spilling their magic in the wedding album. Next, the makeup by Leena Bhushan is enchanting, as always. Last, and our favourite one, is the uncut diamond jewellery she’s wearing, a.k.a. Polki set.
If you still struggle with the difference between kundan vs polki, click the highlighted part to clear all your doubts.
24. What’s better than wearing a Sabyasachi lehenga on your big day? Coordinating in his designs with your sister. We think this sister duo and the next one will do the convincing for us. While the bride herself wore a chevron Sabyasachi lehenga, the sister-of-the-bride wore the neon green lehenga with an artistic pattern on the hem to complement the bride well. Scroll and bookmark these pictures for outfits and poses inspiration.
25. Next up on our sisters in Sabyasachi album is this bride in a deep cherry red Sabyasachi lehenga and the sister, blogger Shivani Raina, in a hot pink shade. Both the sisters complemented their jewellery, makeup, and hair as well; kundan-polki jewellery, glowy, natural makeup, and a floral bun respectively. Scroll to bookmark the perfect bride and bridesmaid inspiration.
Shradha Luthra, Infinite Memories
Also Read: The Ultimate Guide To Sabyasachi Saree Prices
26. As we said, the one thing that all Pakistani brides have in common – its the sheer maximal nature of their wedding looks. This beautiful bride chose a heavily decked up Sabyasachi bridal lehenga for her special day and we’re in awe! Not just lehenga, she went all out on the jewellery pieces as well – sporting a chunky necklace, mang tikka-paasa combination, and dangler earrings. If OTT is your mantra for the bridal look too, this bride will inspire you to the T.
27. With all things glam, intimate, and luxury – Sonali walked down the stairs of Umaid Bhawan place to her mandap looking all elegant and graceful. The pattern on her lehenga is a standalone one from Sabyasachi’s collection, and the bride paired them with eclectic jewellery from the designer’s line too. A rani pink lehenga like this is also a versatile option to re-wear on any future occasions.