Coronavirus stopped the world for a while! But slowly things are opening up. Government has launched new guidelines for Lockdown 5.0 that will open almost everything in the country. Things are getting back to normal, the new normal. With relaxations in wedding ceremonies, couples have shifted from hosting a big, fat Indian wedding to an intimate one. I think one of the trends that we always saw coming in the wedding industry was a matching mask! Recently, brides have stepped up with some beautiful customised masks with their bridal lehengas. The creativity sure has impressed us. Take a look.
1. The most recent bride who got viral, Bhavdeep Kaur, wore two stunning masks for her wedding. One was at her mehendi function, which she paired up with a sunny yellow lehenga by @demarte_official. The next mask was a red one matching her self-designed anarkali by @youngberry_official! She had a Anand-Karaj ceremony with just 30 people in attendance while taking all the necessary precautions.
2. Next up was this lockdown wedding in Delhi, where the bride matched the color of her mask with her lehenga. We are also eyeing her simple bridal outfit, that’s perfect for a summer bride!
3. Neha and Lakshay had been together for a decade now. They were super excited to get married but their plans got shut due to lockdown. They had planned a big, fat Indian wedding to celebrate the same. Although, it was inevitable that the only way out is to have an intimate wedding. So, that’s what they did. With the blessing of just 10 family members, the couple got married and are quarantined together. Here are some images from their wedding, where both bride and groom wore masks matching their outfits.
4. This recent Sikh bride dolled up in a ravishing red anarkali for her Anand Karaj added a complementary mask to her outfit - to keep herself safe while keeping her bridal glam quotient high. The bride’s sister also gave in to the trend and donned a pink mask herself.
5. Posing with her blush pink mask, this bride looks resplendent in her bridal avatar. We are swooned by her choice of intricately embroidered lehenga which she paired with some wonderful pieces of jewellery.
6. Bridesmaids are there for the brides in all highs and lows, then why not give her company with this new trend as well. Taking the customised mask fashion up a notch, the bride & her bridesmaids wore sequined and embroidered masks with their outfits. Looking like glamorous divas on D-Day!
7. Having planned a destination wedding in Thailand, Yash & Pallavi postponed their wedding later in the year. But as soon as Lockdown 4.0 permitted weddings with limited people, these two planned their lockdown wedding in a matter of just 4 days. Even though she skipped on the mask trend for her wedding, she wore a matching mask for her engagement and haldi ceremony.
Are you going to be a lockdown bride too? If you will wear a matching mask with your lehenga, like these brides, do send us a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org! We will love to add you to the list.